cutback n : a reduction in quantity or rate
- A reduction in an existing program of some sort.
- Maneuver where the surfer turns and surfs back towards where the wave is breaking.
Cutback may refer to:
- Cutback (roller coaster), a type of roller coaster inversion.
- Cutback (football move), a running back technique in American football.
- Cutback (surfing move), a surfing maneuver.
- Cutback, in nuclear engineering, an automatic safety protective response in which reactor instrumentation sensing an unsafe condition causes a nuclear reactor's control rods to drive inward at normal speed, quickly reducing reactor power